If you’re on a budget but still want to enjoy delicious barbecue meals, there are plenty of options available to you.
With a little creativity and resourcefulness, you can easily create mouthwatering dishes without spending a lot of money.
Save on Food and Power
One great way to save money on barbecue is to buy cheaper cuts of meat.
Chicken thighs and drumsticks are usually much cheaper than chicken breasts, for example. You can find plenty of cheap and delicious options at your local supermarket. Here are some of the best meats for your barbecue:
– Chicken thighs
– Pork shoulder
– Beef brisket
– Lamb chops
You can also save money by grilling vegetables instead of meat, or by using cheaper meat substitutes like tofu or tempeh.
Another way to keep your costs down is to be mindful of how you cook your food. Opt for methods that require less fuel, such as grilling on gas or smoking. And, if you’re cooking for a large group, make use of leftovers by serving them up the next day in sandwiches or salads.
Barbecue on a Budget: Cheap Grilling Tips
- Chicken thighs are always a great option when you’re grilling on a budget – they’re relatively cheap and always taste great when they’re grilled. Just marinate them in your favorite BBQ sauce or simply season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before throwing them on the grill.
- Beef hot dogs are another great option for the grill – and they’re even cheaper than chicken thighs! Simply throw them on the grill and enjoy.
- Veggies are always a great option when grilling on a budget. You can either grill them alone as a side dish or toss them into foil packets with some seasonings to make a delicious and healthy main course.
- Fruit is another great option for the grill – and it’s a great way to add a touch of sweetness to your meal. Just slice up some apples, bananas, or pineapples and throw them on the grill for a few minutes.
- Lastly, don’t forget about dessert! Grilled fruit skewers are a great way to finish off your meal – and they’re sure to impress your guests. Simply thread some fruit onto skewers and grill for a few minutes. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or ice cream and enjoy!
Mushrooms on Your BBQ
For going cheap, you may really want to consider mushrooms! While they may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of BBQ, mushrooms can actually make a great addition to any grill.
Here are a few tips on how to go cheap on your next BBQ by using mushrooms:
- Use portobello mushrooms as “burgers.” Portobellos are a type of mushroom that is large and flat, making them ideal for grilling. Simply remove the stem, brush with olive oil, and grill for about 5 minutes per side. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Slice mushrooms and add them to kebabs. This is a great way to add some extra flavor and nutrition to your kebabs. Simply add mushrooms alongside your favorite meats and vegetables, and grill as usual.
- Use mushrooms as a “pizza topping.” Sliced mushrooms make a great addition to any pizza. Simply top your pizza with mushrooms and your favorite toppings, and bake as usual.
- Use mushrooms in place of hot dogs or sausages. This is a great way to save money on your next BBQ. Simply grill mushrooms whole, or slice them and add them to buns. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!So, there you have it – four great ways to save money on your next BBQ by using mushrooms. Give them a try and see for yourself how delicious they can be!
Potatoes on Your BBQ
Grilling potatoes is a great way to add flavor to your dish and save money on your BBQ. There are a few things you need to do to ensure that your potatoes come out perfectly grilled every time.
First, make sure to choose the right type of potato. For grilling, waxy varieties like red potatoes or Yukon Golds work best.
Stay away from starchy potatoes like Russets, as they will fall apart on the grill.
Cut your potatoes into even pieces so that they cook evenly. Use a high-heat cooking oil on your grill grates to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking. And don’t forget to season your potatoes before grilling!
How to Grill Bread on BBQ
To grill bread on a BBQ, you will need:
-1 loaf of bread
-1/4 cup of olive oil
-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
Step 1: Preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Cut the loaf of bread into 1-inch thick slices.
Step 3: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, and salt.
Step 4: Brush each slice of bread with the olive oil mixture.
Step 5: Place the bread slices on the grill, and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown.
Step 6: Serve the grilled bread warm, with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Tips for Perfect BBQ Meat
Choose the right meat. When it comes to barbecue, cheaper cuts of meat are often better. This is because they are more flavorful and tend to be more tender when cooked slowly over low heat. Look for cuts like chuck roast, pork shoulder, or chicken thighs.
Make a simple dry rub. A dry rub is a mixture of spices that you rub into the meat before cooking. This adds flavor and helps to tenderize the meat. To make a dry rub, mix together paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Cook it low and slow. One of the secrets to great barbecue is cooking it low and slow. This means cooking the meat over low heat for a long period of time. This allows the flavors to develop and the meat to become tender.
Don’t forget the sides. Barbecue isn’t complete without some delicious sides. Try serving up some baked beans, coleslaw, and potato salad.
With a little planning and creativity, you can easily enjoy delicious barbecue dishes on a budget. So fire up the grill and get cooking!