Real Deal Chocolate Brownies Recipe As Seen on Shop Smart Save Money
If I could only take three things onto a desert island, then my real deal chocolate brownies would be one of them! OMG, I have a slight addiction to them and I would confess any secret information if you were to wave one of these chocolate brownies in front of me! I shared this recipe for the best chocolate brownies on the show Shop Smart Save Money
Easy Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Anyway, I have spent quite a while perfecting my recipe and I am 98% happy with the result! (it lost 2% as I can’t do them fat-free gggrrrrrr!)
How to save when making brownies?
My biggest tip is don’t bother with expensive cooking chocolate, cheap chocolate works just as well and if you’re making these for a lunchbox, try switching the plain flour for wholemeal flour as the little darlings will be none the wiser.
I made these brownies for a lovely family on the Shop Smart Save Money show, the family loved to eat out at Frankie and Benny’s, while spending a fortune for the privilege (£stupid amount !) so one of the fakeaway dishes that I created was these Brownies with Ice cream. I did have a mishap while making them, as I lifted up the electric whisk and decorated the camera………Oops. The joys of filming.
Ingredients you will need for the best brownie recipe:
- 115g butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 35g bar of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Icecream to serve.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to make the real deal chocolate brownies!
- lightly grease and line your baking tin
and pop the oven onto a medium gas mark
- In a bowl add the eggs and beat well before adding the melted butter, vanilla and sugar
mix everything together well.
- Crush ¾ of the bar of chocolate
- Slowly add the flour, cocoa powder and chocolate to the wet ingredients
& mix well
- Add this to the baking tray and make sure it is sitting pretty evenly
- Pop it in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes
- Remove them and let them cool slightly
Hot or warm brownies are better than cold ones
- Melt the remaining bit of chocolate and mix it with the cream
- Pour this over the brownie and ice cream
*Why not try adding different chocolate such as chocolate orange, mint or even Bounty, Flavour oils also work as well to give them an extra kick. Let me know what you add to my chocolate brownie recipe.
You might also like this Dough Chi review!