It’s Christmas time, the season of goodwill and cheer. And it’s no secret that one of the best ways to spread some of that cheer is by cooking up a storm in your kitchen. But don’t just make the same old thing year after year—this year, try one (or all) of these tasty recipes using CBD OIL as an ingredient.
1. Blue Cheese And Fig CBD Sauce
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped. Heat the oil in a pan until it gets hot enough for frying. Put the fig preserves and mix well until they become smooth, then add the blue cheese dressing and mix again to ensure everything is combined. Pour this sauce over your favorite dish or use it as a dip for your favorite veggies.
You can also refrigerate it for later use, but keep in mind that you have to consume it within 2 weeks. Assemble: Spread toast with fig-blue cheese spread, top with prosciutto slices and another slice of toast, and repeat until all sandwiches are assembled. Serve immediately. Time to eat.
2. CBD Cauliflower Cheese
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (you can replace this with parmesan cheese)
Salt and pepper to taste. For the sauce: 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water overnight then drained 2 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp nutritional yeast 2 cups filtered water 3 tsp onion powder 2 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp salt Pepper to taste Make the sauce by blending all ingredients until smooth.
You may need to add more water until it reaches your desired consistency. Place your cauliflower florets in an oven-safe dish with olive oil and bake at 200C/400F for 15 minutes or until they’re tender but not mushy. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat, then add your butter/vegan alternative, followed by onions and garlic; once melted, stir in mustard before adding cooked cauliflower and some salt & pepper. Pour over the cashew cheese sauce, ensuring enough coverage, so everything is covered evenly, before serving hot with crusty bread slices and enjoy.
3. CBD Panna Cotta
- 1 C of coconut milk
- 1/3 C of water or tea (parsley, mint, ginger root, lime juice)
- ¼ Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp CBD oil (or more to taste)
- Mix all ingredients and heat in the microwave on low until boiling point (~2 minutes). Leave to cool slightly.
- Pour into glasses or ramekins and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until set firmly enough to be sliced into wedges like an ice cream dessert.
4. CBD-Infused Chocolate Orange Tart
- Start by making a chocolate orange tart base.
- Mix the ganache as directed, and add the oil (the amount will depend on your preference). You can use a small scale to weigh your ingredients or just eyeball it if you’re not too fussy about measurements!
- Spread the ganache evenly over your tart base, then place it in the fridge for about 20 minutes until set (while you wait for this step, go ahead and make some whipped cream).
- Remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream and orange zest before serving.
5. CBD-Infused Mince Pie
To begin, preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Next, you must prepare your pastry base in a food processor by adding the flour and baking powder before pulsing until evenly combined. Now place this mixture onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into an approximately 14-inch circle before cutting out twelve discs using a cookie cutter or glass (you will have enough dough left over to make another three small pies).
To prevent sticking when transferring these discs onto a tray with parchment paper sprayed with oil. Bake at 200°C/400°F for 25 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the oven immediately before cooling completely before serving either warm spread onto fresh bread slices as sandwiches filled with salad greens such as rocket leaves mixed with spinach leaves along with thinly sliced tomato slices dressed lightly.
Benefits Of Consuming CBD Oil
The oil is a natural supplement that can help with many health issues. CBD is not psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you high as THC does. Instead, it helps your body fight diseases and ailments through the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system regulates mood, pain sensation, and appetite, among other things.
The oil has many benefits, including:
- Helping to manage stress and anxiety.
- Pain relief without being addictive or dangerous like opioids are.
- Sleep aid without causing drowsiness as over-the-counter sleeping pills do.
- Weight loss by acting as an appetite suppressant
Appropriate Dosage Of CBD Oil
The appropriate dosage of the oil depends on various factors, such as the person’s condition and response to the treatment. A general rule is that a recommended dosage is 2-4 mg daily, but the best way to find out what works for you is by starting with a low dose and increasing it gradually.
The Legal Status Of CBD Oil
The oil is legal in the UK and can be bought online or in stores. The legal status of Cannabidiol in Canada is similar to that of the US, making it a safe choice for all Canadians. In Australia, CBD oil is also considered safe to use and purchase without needing a doctor’s prescription. New Zealand has recently decided to relax its laws surrounding cannabis products, including the oil, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t stock up on your favorite recipe this Christmas.
Things To Keep In Mind While Using CBD Oil In Food
While CBD oil for pain management is significant, it has some things to keep in mind. Here’s what you need to know:
- Do not use the oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. No evidence using CBD oil during pregnancy or while breastfeeding is safe for the baby.
- Do not use the oil if you have a history of heart disease or high blood pressure (hypertension). The active ingredients in cannabis have been found to have a potentially dangerous effect on the heart rate.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking the oil, as it can cause drowsiness in some people – although this varies from person to person.
In this article, we have covered the best CBD oil recipes to try at home for Christmas. No matter the occasion or who you are cooking for, these recipes are great for everyone! So why not give one of them a try and see for yourself?