Simple Homemade Cocktail Recipes
So we are well into our lockdown, and unfortunately the novelty for some is really wearing thin. While I was in my mile long Aldi que this morning, I had the idea of making some supa dupa cocktails. These are officially on the naughty list, taste brill and most importantly, are really easy to make as one of the main ingredients is ice lollies, Yep, you did read it correct….Ice Lollies.
They make such a fantastic and affordable ingredient and are incredibly tasty too – plus are perfect for sipping on a hot summers day!
With more of us socialising among ourselves, extremely short for cash and unable to go out to have a real fancy cocktail, these bad boys taste just as good and are a fraction of the price, with one cocktail coming in around 70p.
I am doing four basic cocktails and I am using 4 alcohol bases along with the relevant ice treat. My first cocktail will be The pina colada and with Aldi’s new coconut Lollies, and these makes it taste like your almost in Jamaica !
- x4 coconut lollies
- 3/4 carton of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of cocobay
- A handful of toasted coconut (pop coconut flakes in a dry frying pan and toast until brown !)
- Pop all of the wet mixture in a blender and blend until you have a lovely consistency.
- Pour over some ice and pop the toasted coconut on top to serve.
- If you fancy being very ruthless, add some condensed milk.
The strawberry split
If you have an outrageously decedent sweet tooth, how about a strawberry Split with a kick !
You will need..
- 4 strawberry splits
- 1 cup of The Illusionist Strawberry Marsh Mallow gin
- 4 scoops of strawberry ice cream
- Squirty cream and strawberry syrup to decorate.
- Pop all of the ice cream and gin into the blender, and blend until you have a smooth but thick consistency. Pour into a glass and decorate with the cream and syrup.
Iced Lemon deluxe
This tart concoction almost makes you feel like your having the healthy alternative.
You will need….
- Half a tub of Lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup of Lemon sherbet liqueur
- 1 litre of lemonade
- Lemon to decorate
The jog on Terry…..
This has to be my favourite as it combines my favourite flavour of chocolate orange with compatible gin.
You will need…..
- 4 chocolate orange lollies ( I used magnum minis)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate orange liqueur
- 1/2 pint of whole milk.
- Cream, chocolate syrup and grated orange peal to decorate.
You might also like this mermaid rum cocktail or these fabulous cocktail garnishes.